13262538

I have a court order specifying my daughters contact with her

I have a court order specifying my daughters contact with her father, the order is 18 months old. It says she should have contact 8/9 times a month. We would like to reduce the after school contact. Is it possible?
What is the current pattern of contact and why doe sit need to change?
How old is the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pattern is around his 3 on 6 off shift, 2sat,sun per month and Mon, Wed, after school . Also half the school holidays. No staying contact she is10.he is obsessive,she fractured her toe on Sun, his contact day. Mon I took her to GPwho referred her for scan in the afternoon. He should of had her after school. I text to let him know, we got continuous calls and texts to ask if he could visit us with his other daughter. This morning he was on our doorstep and drive l needed to get to hospital for chemotherapy. He is distressing her with his behaviour and Interrogations. She is just about ok with the weekends but after school is proving too much
What actually happens after school?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He usually takes her to parks or friends houses until 1800hrs usually late.

What would she rather do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
she would much rather not see him and come home to do homework or just relax,she often walks for miles or has to cycle in extremely windy conditions. He tends to put his own interests first, rather than what she really wants. She gets quite exhausted but he doesn't seemed too bothered
That seems very reasonable on her part!
Does he not have a home he can take her to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He lives with his sister and husband and has his other child 6 times a week, he does not like to be at his home, he like to be out all weather

How old is the other child
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
5
Since there is a Court Order for contact it can only be changed either with his agreement or an order from the court
The starting point is to try and discuss matters with him using Family mediation and a mediator trained to work with young people so that you daughters views can be brought to the discussion
One option might be to offer a specific activity one of the nights - swimming or something similar so that only one evening is lost
If this is not accepted then the only option is to apply to the court to vary the existing order
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need details as to how to apply
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years