13262538

Hi i have been split up from my husband for 5 years we are

Customer Question

Hi i have been split up from my husband for 5 years we are still married he is coming into money for compensation when he was badly beaten up.... we have a daughter together...he as never given me any money to support our daughter.....he sees her now and then are we entitled to any money from his claim.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i will wait for a reply thankyou

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

please continue to search

How long did you live together and how old is the child?
what income do you each have and what assets and debts are there in either of your names?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

our little girl is now 6 we were married in 2006 had been living together since 2004 split up in 2009 i don,t earn any income at the moment my current partner keeps me and my daughter i don,t no what he earns as i have tried csa but they say they get no response he as been unemployed for around 12 months within our 5 year break up as i had £10 per fortnight paid into my bank but when he as been working i don,t get anything i only have credit card in my name i don,t no what debt he as in his name, he did but an house when we split and i believe this as now been preprocessed but don,t no of any other debt

Do you intend to start Divorce Proceedings?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have tried to divorce him twice but he just ignores divorce papers and i can,t afford to keep trying .

What ground did you use last time and when were they issued?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

telford court around 3 years ago i have been told that in november i can divorce him with out his consent unreasonable behavior

Just to be clear.
You issued a Petition based on his Unreasonable Behaviour three years ago.
He ignored the papers.
Did you withdraw the petition or is it still live?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have been told by my solicitor that i would have to pay for bayliffs to issue divorce papers you make sure he received them but again i would have to pay so the papers are now with my solicitor.....but as soon as i can afford to i will be divorcing him....please could we go back to the question i asked first of all.

In fact it is cheaper to go ahead and arrange for him to be personally served with the papers than to withdraw the existing proceedings and start again.
Within the divorce proceedings you can apply for the financial issues to be addressed and if the only assets are the funds he receives in compensation then yes the court may award you a lump sum from the settlement
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details