Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

I am 70 years old married on 2.6.2007, our house has interest

I am 70 years old married on 2.6.2007, our house has interest only mortgage £632.00 per month (in my name although we both pay it) which ends in May 2018.
Twice now after a row, my husband has threatened to walk out and leave me unable to cope financially. We are both retired.

My income is State Pension of £749.00 per 4 weeks, which all has to go into our joint account, his income is £3144.00 per month, of which £1450.00 has to go into our joint account

My question is, can he really do this? and if so what would happen to me?

Diana Lowry
my email is *****@******.***
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will wait, if you need more information tell me what it is you need

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Your husband could walk out; no one can stop him doing that but if he does so you would be entitled to take court action so as to protect your position financially. As your husband has a far more substantial income, the court would have the power to make him pay the mortgage and pay you maintenance, for example.

You would have to see a solicitor to discuss your particular circumstances but I hope that answers you question at this time.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.