13262538

i have a 6 year old son. to whom i pay £200 a month to his

Customer Question

i have a 6 year old son. to whom i pay £200 a month to his mother maintenance. we have a agrement which was drawn up by a solicitor for the payment of maintenence and deed of seperation.. my sons mother now says that the £200 maintenece payment is not enough and is thretening to go though the CSA. will i have to pay the CSA payment or will the original agrement stand... I have never missed a payment and see my son regulaly 2-3 nights a week..kind regards..
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Were you ever married to your ex and how much do you earn Gross per month?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no we were not married.. we have been seperated for 5 years...

i pay £200 pounds per month.. as agreed in our deed of seperation..

How much do you earn gross per month?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

£2700 pm gross

will i have to pay csa if reported or will the solicitor's agrement stand.

thanks justin.

I am afraid that the signed agreement can indeed be overturned by the CMS (new name for the CSA)
The calculation is set out here
http://nacsa.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38:cs3-calculations&catid=2:uncategorised&Itemid=535
Even if the agreement had been a Court Order it could have been replaced once the Order had been in existence for more than twelve months.
I am sorry to give such bad news - please ask if you need further details