UKfamsol
UKfamsol, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Very experienced specialist family law solicitor, qualifed in 1994
40487810

If I take a case to court, am I entitled to help with legal

If I take a case to court, am I entitled to help with legal cost or can I claim they from the other side? My husband works full time in the British army, I myself do not work, I am a full time student.
Expert:  UKfamsol replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunately, legal aid was cut back drastically in 2013, so you will not get legal aid to cover your legal costs unless you have been the victim of domestic violence, or the local authority is about to or has removed your child.

It is also extremely rare for the court in a family law case to make a costs order against either party.

I know this was not what you wanted to hear, but obviously I could not give you any false hope.

However, most solicitors will give an initial free interview, and that will give you a chanbnce not just to discuss your legal case, but also to find out what they would charge if they took on your case. Here's where to find a specialist family law solicitor:

http://www.resolution.org.uk/findamember/

I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks and best wishes...

Expert:  UKfamsol replied 3 years ago.
Hello again

I see that you have looked at my answer but not accepted it. Is there anything in my answer you would like clarified further, or is there anything in your question that you feel I have not answered? Let me know - I will do my best!