Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Please help My fiancé has a daughter with his ex wife and

Customer Question

Please help

My fiancé has a daughter with his ex wife and she is constantly denying access if something doesn't go her way.
Now she's blaming me. We are due to marry in September and she's changed her mind weather the daughter (who's 6) can come or not over 3 times now.
This weekend is his weekend and she's said he can't have her unless he books into a hotel for the weekend because she won't let the child be around me.
The child is witnessing all of this because the mother does this all Infront of her. She wants to come to our home where she has a bedroom of her own as she doesn't have one at her mums.
I am trying to keep out of it but she's saying I have to appologise (which I have done) for an argument we had but she's not willing to appologise to me for the spiteful things she has said. I'm not really bothered if she doesn't appologise because I want the child to be happy but now she is saying actually no we can't have her at all this week!
We are at the end of our tether now and don't know what to do
My fiancé is in the military so he hasn't been able to get jount custody, will this change when we are married? What are our rights now and after we wed?
Please help
Lorna
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Are there any court orders in place regarding contact and what contact has your partner had since the separation?