13262538

I am married to a solicitor and due to a massive breakdown

I am married to a solicitor and due to a massive breakdown in communication and her family interferance. I have said i have had enough. Yesterday. My wife left the property yesterday taking our child and states that she wants me out of the house immediately and is going to court today to get an order to remove me. Shared house no domestic violence. Can she do this? Help

Who owns the property and how old is the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The property is joint owned and our daughter is 2

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

the property is joint owned and our daughter is 2

I have another daughter who stays regularly and she 14 form a previous marriage

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How is the day to day care of the child managed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The house is worth about 200k with a 160 morgage

i run my business from my house, attached work yard, tools machinary etc...

She is currently living with her uncle refusing to speak or communicate except for send text say get out of the house so i can move in.

Lucy child care 3 days a week we split the other days

Wife only works part time.

Could you work elsewhere?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we bought this house for my business to run from i am a landscaper, tree surgeon. i would pay equilent to another morgage to store or run my business from another location.

The house is half built that we live in, work in progress and worth less than what we bought it for

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have redused my work now so that i can do 50 50 care for our daughter

Are there any other assets and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we are struggling to live as it is so each income supports the house just

if one moves out and has to pay to live the other cannot afford to stay

no other assets

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my wife has mental health issues and is not taking her medication and she is also suffering from having our daughter as she did not want her

Given that clearly you can no longer both live in the property what do you believe will happen next?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think that she will fabricate the truth to obtain an order to remove me from the house claiming that she is the sole carer for our daughter.

I dont have a problem her living here but she has a problem me living here. As she has moved out technically where do i stand?

Unless there is physical violence you wife will not be able to obtain an Order excluding you from the Former Matrimonial Home - but equally she is entitled to return to the property whenever she wishes
Clearly if the relationship is over then negotiations have to agree how the property will be divided - who will finish off the work and how you will continue to run your business
This is best done using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk) - but there is no automatic answer as neither of you has the automatic right to remain
An urgent referral to mediation would show the court that you at least are approaching this in a reasonable and conciliatory manner and will allow you to make interim arrangements regarding your child
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years