familylawexpert
familylawexpert, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Substantial experience (14yrs +) in divorce, financial cases, cohabitation, pre-nuptial agreements and civil partnerships.
75281287

I am married and I want to stay married but I also want to

I am married and I want to stay married but I also want to have an agreement about our earnings so that if we did ever divorce the agreement would be followed in terms of how our assets would be divided. Is this possible?
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 3 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I can help with your question.

Yes, it is possible. It is called a post-nuptial agreement (like a pre-nuptial agreement, but done after the marriage has started).

It is possible to find places on the internet who will do these pretty cheaply, but they may not turn out an agreement that will be effective (and you would only really find out when you came to need to rely on it).

I would recommend using a solicitor. You can find a specialist using the following website, which is for the national association of family lawyers.
http://www.resolution.org.uk/findamember/

I hope that is helpful.
Mac.