13262538

I,ve been living with my partner for 12 yrs and the relationship

I,ve been living with my partner for 12 yrs and the relationship is ending. I have two children aged 16 and 13 which he has brought up as his "own" since they were 3 and 6 months they both call him dad the problem is he owns the house as I am not credit worthy, but I pay the council tax the TV licence and the gas and electric for the home where do I stand? Really need your help. Sarah .
Have you made any financial contribution to the mortgage or to any improvement or alterations to the property?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I haven't. Not to the mortgage or alteration s around the house just bills

Has he made it plain that he wishes you to leave?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The situation is that the relationship has ended and yes he wants me to leave and he keeps reminding me that he owns the house

I am afraid that the fact that the children are not legally his - either biological or by adoption means that he has no legal responsibility for them and accordingly you cannot use the Children ActT
This means that all you are entitled to is "Reasonable written Notice " to leave.
In your circumstances this should be at least three months.
You can try and negotiate - suggesting a lump sum to enable you to rehouse yourself earlier, but your position is not strong I am afraid.
I appreciate that this is bad news - please ask if you need further details