How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34142
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Is it possible to have free representation for an eleven year

Customer Question

Is it possible to have free representation for an eleven year old boy? And would £20 be acceptable to pay for this information?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What is the nature of the case
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no case as yet. I just needed a simple answer, either yes or no.

Please cancel my question.

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
The problem is that the answer is maybe.
It depends on the type of case it is.
For instance if the child is subject to Care Proceedings; or within private law family proceedings the Court has ordered that the child becomes a party then yes they are eligible for free Legal Aid.
Equally if there is a Criminal Matter then yes Free Legal Aid is available.
However it is not if the child is applying for compensation following an injury.
If you wish a more specific answer then I do need to know just a little more
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for replying. The child in question is an adopted child, who is badly damaged, emotionally and mentally from his early treatment and because of this is difficult to parent. Initially the adoptive parents were not told about the scale of abuse that the child hah had to endure. The professionals, who deal with him, have recommended that he goes to a boarding State school, where his needs will be well catered for. Although the Social services have been told how difficult it I s to parent him they are refusing to pay for the boarding fees.If they don't he may have to be returned to foster care, which would cost considerably more. The parents are thinking of taking legal action on behalf of their adopted son. Is he likely to be granted legal aid. He is 11 years old and about to enter Secondary education.

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
When was the adoption?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Was any help offered/ guaranteed at the time of the adoption?

Related Family Law Questions