13262538

Is it possible to have free representation for an eleven year

Customer Question

Is it possible to have free representation for an eleven year old boy? And would £20 be acceptable to pay for this information?
What is the nature of the case
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no case as yet. I just needed a simple answer, either yes or no.

Please cancel my question.

The problem is that the answer is maybe.
It depends on the type of case it is.
For instance if the child is subject to Care Proceedings; or within private law family proceedings the Court has ordered that the child becomes a party then yes they are eligible for free Legal Aid.
Equally if there is a Criminal Matter then yes Free Legal Aid is available.
However it is not if the child is applying for compensation following an injury.
If you wish a more specific answer then I do need to know just a little more
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for replying. The child in question is an adopted child, who is badly damaged, emotionally and mentally from his early treatment and because of this is difficult to parent. Initially the adoptive parents were not told about the scale of abuse that the child hah had to endure. The professionals, who deal with him, have recommended that he goes to a boarding State school, where his needs will be well catered for. Although the Social services have been told how difficult it I s to parent him they are refusing to pay for the boarding fees.If they don't he may have to be returned to foster care, which would cost considerably more. The parents are thinking of taking legal action on behalf of their adopted son. Is he likely to be granted legal aid. He is 11 years old and about to enter Secondary education.

When was the adoption?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

4/10/2011

Was any help offered/ guaranteed at the time of the adoption?