Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My daughter is in foster care (permanent they say), I have

Customer Question

My daughter is in foster care (permanent they say), I have 2 hours supervised contact per month. Firstly my ex partner, not her biological father has unsupervised access overnight, how much access should I fairly get? The courts gave us equal 4 hours per month, but social services changed it immediately, this seems unfair. I have tried to ask them about it but the social worker keeps changing and no one rings me back.
Secondly I am excluded from the review meetings, I get a letter a couple of days before it is due with an offer of making a written contribution, which I do. Am i entitled to attend? Also I never receive any outcome of the meetings, I am not given any information about school, health etc, and I don't like wasting the 2 hours I get with her bombarding her with questions as I don't think it is fair. She is 12, at what age can she decide where she wants to live?
When was the final Care Order made?
Why are you excluded from the meetings?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Final care order I think was last year, only reason I was ever given for not being allowed to attend meetings was that my daughter didn't like to discuss things in front of her parents (her dad was still invited) and my daughter has not actually attended the last 3 meetings. I this week finally received the minutes of the last meeting, I had submitted a written statement as requested, this was not mentioned whatsoever, also I do not feel 3 months is a reasonable timeframe to expect to receive the meeting outcome. This is all causing far more stress on top of an already awful situation, I have never been argumentative nor said anything out of turn at the meetings. I was never abusive nor neglectful to my daughter, she was the centre of my world and I just cannot understand the treatment of social services towards me. This is very upsetting.

Have they actually said that your daughter does not wish to to attend the meetings?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes

So if she does not wish to attend on what basis are they excluding you?