Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I have had a spousal order 3 months ago for £850/month and

Customer Question

I have had a spousal order 3 months ago for £850/month and was unable to pay as the business I work for (owned by my current fiancee) is struggling and been unable to pay me. I am also suffering with high levels of stress and struggle doing my job and if wasn't working for my fiancee wouldn't be able to operate in job. I have reduced my contracted hours to 16per week and salary to 16k from 40k to try and earn some money at least to pay CMS and a lower salary that the business can afford to sustain. I applied for a variation immediately. Because I work for my fiancee they are saying that this is strategic. Far from it. My fiancee is struggling and not paid herself any salary either. I am in court for contempt and variation in same hearing and being threatened with prison.
Can your fiancee prove the business is facing problems?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. Have done so to date and can absolutely prove and provide bank statements.

How far has your application reached?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is a hearing on the 25th June for non payment Where he gave me 2 months to pay and included is the variation meeting. I have also complained about the judge as his comments last time gave the impression he has pre judged the variation without seeing the evidence

Just to check - the actual Order was only made three months ago and you are already in arrears?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That is correct. Within 2 weeks of the order, the business suffered by losing a contract and had insufficient funds to pay my salary. There had also been a tax code error so my net pay immediately reduced by £400 and immediately after the FDR by ex-wife but a claim in for CMS and got awarded £420 per month. This wasn't even raised at the FDR as her request was for joint payment.

Were you represented at that hearing?