Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

my husband filed a divorce petition two months ago I didnt

Customer Question

my husband filed a divorce petition two months ago I didn't knew a thing couple of days ago I called Croydon county court and shocked to learn that I am divorced from November 2012 I got a copy of decree absolute my husband is still denying and said he will ask court on Monday my question is that could a court re thinks or reopens a case after giving decree absolute
Could you explain the situation a little further please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the court said that they didn't get any documents in past two months,it means that my ex is just pretending to fill the papers up.he took my marriage certificate which is from Pakistan English translation attested copy 2 years ago with some rubbish excuse he never gave it back he said that he lost it .the decree absolute has been issued on 22nd November 2012 naturally the court cant give decree or even proceed the case with out proper documentation.I am ok with the decree but a bit afraid that can he do anything now to just put me in pressure like can the court dissolve tht decree and start all over again

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
I am sorry I am confused - what makes you think that a Decree Absolute has been granted?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he filed the case back in 2012 without my knowledge which he is denying that case had processed and decree absolute has been issued they sent it to my ex address I am completely unaware of it . now I got a copy of that decree can my ex go to court and ask to review the case again can he do that or if once decree has been issued there will be no further talk on that

So you have seen the Decree Absolute?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I got it today

Do you wish to be divorced?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes the court granted decree absolute

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Hi Samia
I do understand that it appears that there is already a Decree Absolute.
What I am asking is whether or not you DO wish to be divorced