How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 204
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

i divorced my husband in 2007 and signed a form stating I would

Customer Question

i divorced my husband in 2007 and signed a form stating I would have no claim to his pension (I am now 64 and was unable to take out a private pension as I was a housewife) I feel this should have been explained to me more as I helped over a 32year marriage to pay into this pension fund. I was so upset at the time (my husband committed adultery)that I would have signed anything put in front of me, was so confused. Do I have any chance of sharing this pension pot?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How was the house and other capital divided?
Was there a court order dealing with financial matters and did you have legal advice?