UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My husbnad committed adultery at the beginning of this month.

Customer Question

My husbnad committed adultery at the beginning of this month. At the moment we are still trying to work things through. Im only considering my options at the moment but how long do I get before I can no longer use the adultery section of a divorce petition and do I need the 3rd persons address as I only know her name
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You cannot use adultery as a ground for divorce if you live with your husband for 6 months after you came to know of it.

You do not need to give the name or address of the person your husband had an affair with, and my advice would be not to name that person in your petition.

Hope this helps