Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hi. My two sons 10 and 12 live a mile away from me since my

Customer Question

Hi. My two sons 10 and 12 live a mile away from me since my x wife and I separated, I have regular access every other weekend and a night during the week but see them more than that because they are so close.
My X lives alone but wants to move house with her boyfriend 3 hours away from me
My eldest boy of 12, 13 in December, is getting very upset by it and does not want to move from the area he was born, school and all his friends.
I would prefer for them all to stay in the area for the boys sake and the contact I have had.
He has asked if he can live with me, can he make that choice at his age?
Does the younger child also wish to stay?