13262538

I have recently split with my wife and she is now denying me

I have recently split with my wife and she is now denying me contact with my 20 month old son stating that she is not emotionally ready to see me on a weekly basis right now and needs time to readjust. I have suggested getting the boy's grandmother to pick him up so that she does not have to see me but was met with a swift no. I believe that she is simply trying to use my contact with my son to hurt me, which is working. What can i do in this instance? i feel powerless.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Contact is about the needs of the child not the feelings of the parents.
Your son is entitled to have contact with you and as you say there are ways to ensure that you do not meet.
You should make an urgent application with a Family Mediator (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk) to discuss this - but if your ex refuses then you can apply to the courts for a new Child Arrangement Order setting out when you see the child.
You can read more here
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details