I think so. In fact, I think I am right in saying I could make her wait anyway up to 2 years from separation if I was minded. Is that correct?
Assuming she is happy to wait, we can achieve what she wants to happen while ownership is still joint i.e. I could use my lump sum and savings to buy her a property for 250k without selling our family home or holiday home. We could then split things sometime in the future but she might start moaning if she thinks her ultimate share is reduced due to waiting ie if I am spending more than I am earning.
To be honest, if this were to happen, I would not have much of a conscience. I am not getting a share of all her holidays and leisure time she has had over the last 20 years while I have been working!
The point is though, I want to ensure everything is amicable and I want things to be fair. It is the reason why I am asking if the sums are done based on values today or at the point in the future when we actually divorce as the joint pot then might be lower if I stop working.
I hope that makes sense.