13262538

My father is 89 he has had 2 falls in his council home this

Customer Question

My father is 89 he has had 2 falls in his council home this week, he is still is in hospital after his latest one. He has agreed to go in a care home,the hospital has raised concerns about him going back home,and i ( next of kin) and my wife are also. The problem-social services .What do we do.
have you found a suitable home?
Have Social Services completed an assessment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I live in leicester social services here have given info on care homes near us. There are vacancies but have said it is down to stamford social sev. In stamford they reviewed my father last week before his latest fall and are trying to implement certain things. But my father has vascular dimenture & they do not want him in a care home. Funding has been rasied. The hospital has been more understanding, & the sister has indicated support but is up against stamford S / Servces

Why do you think it is their choice?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It all seems to come back to stamford social services 'even his G. P. has spoken of them. I think it is all to do with money.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI clare what is the best way forward

You have medical advice that your father needs a care home.
Find one and arrange for him to go in and then make the application for funding
If you have the medical support then you can appeal any refusal as Social Services cannot rebut the medical evidence
Please ask if you need further details