13262538

I am so distressed , my Dad died on Friday 20th and I have

Customer Question

I am so distressed , my Dad died on Friday 20th and I have a half sister who is my mothers daughter , who has Canadian citizenship and has resided there for 47 years , who has taken over my right of birth as Next of Kin to my Dad who is not her father and has arranged all of the proceedings forthwith, How do I approach this. I was very close to my Dad and my Dad never ever adopted this sister.
Who are named as Executors in the Will?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My dad has myself and the next sister down from me Sonia Sallows . and the youngest sister. Patricia Weeding. But those two sisters who are named are encouraging this to happen and it all boils down to me getting along so well with my dad.

So you and your sisters are the named Executors of the Will - but the half sister is not - is that correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is.

She is my mothers daughter from a previous marriage.

What do you wish to change about the arrangements?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What I want is the truth for my Dad , now the eulogy which has also been written by Teresa is full of lies about my dad also saying that he met my Mum and they got married and had 5 daughters this is totally untrue.

No one will listen to me. I want my birth right back which she has cruelly taken away from me.

I am sorry - is that the only part of the funeral that you wish to change?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I want it recognised that she has been lying to authorities about her position in our family and would like to know how I can go about bringing this to end legally ?

I am sorry but sadly you cannot achieve that.
You can certainly insist on taking over the funeral arrangements as one of the executors since it is the right of the executor to deal with the funeral
You can insist on giving the Eulogy if you wish - or can forbid her from speaking - but I am afraid that she has done nothing legally wrong.
Please ask if you need further details