How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 204
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

Sister left house and children abandoned went abroad,kids left

Customer Question

Sister left house and children abandoned went abroad,kids left with no money only 3 pizzas to survive, no age 9,13 and 16,I have rang social service and they got police involved,she returned after 10 days was notified via friends of us caring for kids,went to police saying older son 21 years old has phoned her with threats to kill and had him arrested and wanted everyone vacate property so she could return,she was taken somewhere over night cause we won't leave,older kids don't want to be cared for by the mum,social services will interview kids and mum today, what rights or how do we go about it,please can u help
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Just to check - you ha e moved into her home to care for the children?
Who owns the property?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Property owned by uncle and police checks were made by social services to give us all clear to care for kids and get legal advice as to who was to foster kids privately, schools are aware don't know if to say she was evicted when she left the property

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Does she have a tenancy agreement?
had your Uncle asked her to leave?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will b able to find that out when I get to the property,we jus Wondered if we should say she abandeded house so now she made herself not kids homeless and how do we deal with social services who have just arrived

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Where are the children living at the moment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Kids are still at the property,after social services interviewed children they have refused to see mother various checks made and are living with family,how do we go about getting money off government for them as mother receives their benefits that get put straight into her bank account.

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Are Social Services actually going to take any action at all?

Related Family Law Questions