13262538

My little one is 2 years old and never slept anyway from me

Customer Question

My little one is 2 years old and never slept anyway from me and also co sleeps with me.. I received a solicitors letter from my ex wanting 2 nights overnight stays a week? I've explained that she can't just get thrown into the deepend and would have to take it slowly... So I've said every other week for 1 night then when she is comfortable with this then it can increase to 1 night every week... But he just throws in my face that if it went to court then they would give 2 nights a week? Would this happen I'm so scared please could anyone explain
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
Please do not worry - the Curt would in fact agree with you that this needs to start slowly and build up a t the child's rate!
It is about what is best for the child - not the parents!
I do have to warn you however that the fact that she will struggle at first is not a reason for giving up!
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for answering the question it makes me feel abit better about this... When I spoke to my ex he said he wants a decision when more overnights would happen... But the thing is he wants every Thursday till Saturday 2pm.. I work every Friday and Saturday only so when she starts school I'll only be spending a full day Sunday with her.. Am I being fair by saying he can have every Friday 8.30 till Saturday 2pm or will he get what he wants if he took me to court?

HI
Do you mean 8.30am?
If so why not from Thursday night?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes 8.30 am on the Friday till Sat 2pm every week when she is used to staying away from me... But he also wants her a Thursday night too... When she is at the school age can she make her own decisions about Thursday night's or any other nights? I jus feel like my ex is pushing for what he wants and not what his daughter wants

Once overnight contact is established (well established) then it is not unreasonable for him to ask for the Thursday night as well I am afraid