13262538

End of child maintenance

I am interested in understanding when child maintenance finishes. In my 18 year old daughter's case she has just finished A levels but has decided to change path and to extend her studies to take a HND next year.

I had thought that maintenance would end in the coming September, she having completed her A level studies. Is that now not the case?

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Child maintenance is payable so long as the "child" is under 20 and in full time (12 hours a week - no comment) secondary education
However as this page confirms
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/cbtmanual/CBTM07021.htm
an HND is ADvanced and NOT secondary education and accordingly you last payment will be in September
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details