13262538

do l have the right to have my 5 year old daughter to stay

do l have the right to have my 5 year old daughter to stay with me for the weekend,and can l take her on hoilday with me.
How long have you been separated from her mother and what contact do you have at the moment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

l see my daughter on saturday,and return her home at 5pm as requested by her mother.

Me and her mother were never married nor have we lived together so in practice we have always been good friends serious for a sort time,but living separately there is no problem between us ,l would just like to take my daughter on holiday for a week or two.and to have her say with me over the weekend.

hope this info is useful.thank you for your help.

has your daughter ever stayed overnight with you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my daughter has never stayed with me over night she has only been with me for a short time on a saturday after noon l would like spend more time with her on the weekends .she will have her own room and what ever she needs,that is not an issue.

thank you for your assistance.

What reasons have been given for her not staying overnight - and do you know if she has stayed with anyone else (without her mother)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she says that she still wets the bed and gets upset when she stays away from home over night.

But l believe that she has sleeped over at her aunties home with her cousins more than once this l can confirm because we are all good friends and there is no problems between me and any member of her family. hope this helps,thank again for your help.

It is up to you and the child's mother to negotiate what contact you should have - but it is certainly reasonable fro you to wish to have your daughter stay with you overnight ate the weekend - and for you to take her away on holiday
You should try and discuss matters with her using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk) but if that fails then you will have to apply to the court for a new Child Arrangement Order
You can read more here
http://www.cafcass.gov.uk/media/168195/cb7-eng.pdf
I hope that this is useful - and that mediation helps your ex to see that there is no reason not to start the process now - it will of course take time to build up to a holiday!
Please ask if you need further detaiLS
CLARE