13262538

Can a solicitor who represented you in a divorce case ... Then

Can a solicitor who represented you in a divorce case ... Then be instructed by your next wife to act against you in a separation / divorce case?
Do you mean the same person or the same firm?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The solicitor acted for me in my first marriage. I felt a little uncomfortable and embarrassed to go back , although she was a good solicitor. She also knows a lot of confidential stuff about my first marriage

My current wife won't meet me to discuss our situation ... I want a divorce So today I went to see a specialist family solicitor in a different firm to get his advice.
I told my wife.id been to see him and she has said that she will use MY solicitor who handled my first divorce
This has angered and upset next. Can she do this? It's embarrassing!

So much so that I might try to get my original solicitor as my wife hasn't instructed her yet. My original solicitor knows a lot of sensitive information about me and my family
I would expect the solicitor to say that she is not able to represent your current wife because of the potential Conflict of Interest..
It would be possible for someone else in that firm to act for her - but certainly not the same solicitor
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What would be the reference for this ? Is it a written code of practice or something?

Indeed there is
http://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/handbook/code/content.page