13262538

I own 3 properties before I got married 7 years ago. we have

I own 3 properties before I got married 7 years ago. we have lived in 1 for 7 years now we have now seperated but still share the home ..
what are my option leading to divorce?
Did you live together prior to the marriage - if so for how long?
Are there any children involved?
How much are the properties worth and how much is outstanding on any mortgages?
What other assets are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we lived together 6 months before we got married The house we live in purchase was completed 3 weeks before we got married. l purchase it solely on my own with no money from her for deposit, fee,or refurbishment.. She has never paid towards mortgage but pay gas,electricity and council tax only.

we have no children together. she has none but i have 2 from previous. relationship

1: property- mortgage 35000 ... value70000....2: 218,000 mortgage. ..value 27000,000.. 3..180000 mortgage. value. 260,000..

salary. 22000.00 wife... my salary. 30,000

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1: property- mortgage 35000 ... value70000....2:

So the total equity in the three houses is £165,000 and in the matrimonial home is £35,000.
How much does a one bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are only 3 porperties in total ..no. 3 is the matrimonial home..She has never contributed to the upkeep of any of the properties.

A 1 bedroom property cost about120,000-150,000.

Yes I am aware that there are only three properties!
What accommodation did your ex have prior to your relationship?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she had just came to the uk and had rented a room which i help her pay for SHE HAD NOTHING.

I also help her to attend university..

She spent her money shopping and clubbing

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She had just came to live in the uk when I met her..She lived in a rented room which I also help to pay for..we then moved into my family member flat and I bought house no..3 ,,,6 t after then we got married and

move in...All 3 properties are in my name only

I do understand that all the properties are in your sole name ad financed by you
However realistically the family court will award her a share of the assets - the only question is how large a share.
I believe that the WORST that could happen for you is that she will receive the matrimonial home - provided that she can release you from your mortgage
Your best case scenario is that she also has to raise a small lump sum to pay you as well - although I fear it is more likely that she will not have to do so
I hope that this os of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am confuse as I have been told because I had the properties before ,before we married she is only entitled to only a share of the matrimonial

I am afraid that the Family Court has wide powers to deal with the finances in any way that it considers fair.
Since she came to the UK from abroad and you have substantial other assets there is a high risk that she will get more than she otherwise might have done