James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

i have a divorce settlement which is 14 years old now 24th

Customer Question

i have a divorce settlement which is 14 years old now 24th May 2000 I have been paying my x wife £300 a month as it stated as part of the divorce settlement or order that I had to quote Paragraph 3 of the consent order is a binding and enforceable court order it sets out that I pay my spousal maintenance during your joint lives till my ex re-marries or cohabitates with someone for 6 months or more.
needled to say she has done neither
I would like to terminate this agreement what should I do it is nit on the grounds that I cant afford it it is on the grounds that after this length of time its no longer relevant and
unfair
Expert:  UKfamsol replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question

I need some extra info to be able to answer:

How old are each of you now?
Has your income or your circumstances (eg health or any other aspect of life) changed significantly since the date of the order?
Has her income or her circumstances (eg health or any other aspect of life) changed significantly since the date of the order?