13262538

My ex partner and I have a timeshare, we still pay half every

My ex partner and I have a timeshare, we still pay half every month - though it turns out he's not been paying his share for the last 6 months! He's removed his contact details from their files and refuses to answer their emails. It's a joint contract, in both our names. I've paid my share every month but now they say the bailiffs are coming to my address and that in liable. I can't afford to pay his debt! I only work part time, I have two kids!!
Were you ever married and what agreement was reached with regard to the Timeshare?
How much is involved?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Claire, no we were never married. Contract is in both our names. It's £200 per month plus a yearly maint fee of £500. For the next 3 years. We agreed to pay half. I pay my half every month. He hasn't paid his half for 6 months, has removed his contact details from their account and has moved. They are threatening bailiffs at my address and say I'm liable :/
Have you spoken to your ex about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sadly there is a a pin notice in place against him for harassment against me. We don't speak. He has to go through my sister to arrange access to our son but he refuses to talk about this through her, says he'll only talk to me face to face which I won't do as the police have told me to have no direct contact with him. I'm a single mum on a part time wage and cannot afford to pay his debt. The only things I have of any worth are my children's Xbox, kindles etc. I simply won't allow them to suffer....
The bad news is that so far as the Time share company are concerned they can purse either or both of you.
You should write to the company giving then a full break down of your income and expenditure and as many details about your ex as you can.
The good news however is that YOU can sue your ex for the money using the small claims court on the basis that he agreed to pay the money and his failure to do so has had economic consequences for you
You can use the money claim online system here
https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Clare, I'd have to fund the claim myself wouldn't I? Is the financial cost worth going to small claims court over this sum? Ie I don't have £600 to pay his debt, could the courts costs total that anyway?

Tasha
If you use the money claim online service the costs should be no more than £80 or so - and you can claim that back as well