13262538

Hi there My husband has filed for divorce and the decree

Hi there

My husband has filed for divorce and the decree nisi goes through on 15 July. Meantime he has been very slow producing his financial information: pension valuations, tax returns etc. My solicitor has recommended we make an application to court for financial disclosure, meantime he's arranged for me to go to a preliminary mediation session tomorrow which I gather is a legal requirement. We very much doubt whether my husband will go along to his or the follow up meetings we should have together.

Is this just box-ticking or is there something to be got out of it which could affect the outcome of the settlement? And is there anything I should prepare for the meeting tomorrow?

Thanks for your advice.
There is an element of box ticking involved - an din view of your circumstances I see little point in doing this as for your protection you MUST issue the Court application.
However it does show a willingness to negotiate which the court will view favourably and from that point of view it is a worthwhile move
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi ClaireThanks again for your advice. I've told my solicitor I want to make an application asap. I am chasing him up today to get a response. He is a trained mediator himself and obviously sees value in mediation although concedes that my husband is likely not to respond. He's also a part time judge so is conscious that we don't attract criticism when we go to court if we haven't given reasonable time for a response etc.Thanks, Jilly
I too value mediation highly - but would suggest the dual approach to protect your position