13262538

Hi My Childrens father has left us since 30/11/2010. We

Customer Question

My Children's father has left us since 30/11/2010. We got 2 children who are aged 17 years and 19 years now. He never agreed to pay for children's maintenance from very beginning of our separation. I contacted CSA in November 2011 and got the payments started from December 2011.

As far as I am aware, CSA does not backdate the payments for child maintenance and I have been told same from CSA many times.

Is there any other way I could claim for payments for those 12 months in start of our separation?

Many of my solicitors are unable to answer my queries and saying they cannot deal with this issue?
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
I am sorry but the simple answer is no there is not basis on which you can make any claim for those 12 months.
I appreciate that this is bad news - but there is no legal basis on which you can base this
Please ask if you need further details