13262538

can I remove items from the home I share with my wife, my wife

Customer Question

can I remove items from the home I share with my wife, my wife is bipolar, and says and does things that effect my name and standing. I have now had enough and think it is time to move on. I would like to know what I can take with me. she has a son , but he is not mine, I moved in with her, but everything in the home I have brought.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

If you bought the items with your own money, you may take them with you.

May I help further?
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that it would be unwise to remove anything other than your personal possessions - or any items not necessary for the care of the child (assuming he is under18)
Removing items of furniture could cause problems for you in any future financial negotiations as it would be viewed as an aggressive act.
Far better to negotiate the matter with your ex using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk)
Please ask if you need further details