13262538

Due to unreasonable behaviour from my sons father and his partner

Due to unreasonable behaviour from my sons father and his partner towards myself I want to know if I can withhold visitation rights from him until resolved by mediation? I am the parent with the residential order and am aware they have been saying bad things to my child which has recently come to a head

How old is the child and what has your ex actually done?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My child is 9 and a half.

He has been sending me nasty messages about my current partner and telling my son that my partner wants to hit him (my ex), none of which is the truth, I just requested that he didn't enter my home without asking me first something he had taken to doing as I live alone. This had distressed my partner (who doesnt reside with me) as he had witnessed the incident some years before.

After some more messages regarding non payment of CSA, I requested he didnt attend a football presentation that I was attending as the nasty stuff he had been saying had upset both myself and his son...he refused this and made to attend..when I then refused to attend his partner started sending me nasty messages, stating I neglected my child and my current partner was abusive and nasty...this went on most of that day

None of that is good reason for stopping contact I am afraid
You can certainly insist that he stays out of your home and you are within your right to chose to attend events that he is also attending - but you have no write to ask him not to attend I am afraid.
With regard to the messages from his partner do not respond to them at all - and tell your ex that if you hear from his partner again you will be reporting the harassment to the police - and do it
However you are correct - the question of what is being said to the child does need to be discussed using Mediation and if that fails THEN a restriction of contact may be appropriate
Please ask if you need further details