13262538

Hello My daughter left school last week after completing her

Customer Question

My daughter left school last week after completing her final term and her A levels.
I am her father. She lives with her mother. In our divorce settlement it states that I will pay monthly maintenance for my daughter to her Mother until she is 17 or leaves full time education. I have therefore followed this to the letter and have now ceased to make further payments. In September my daughter is starting an Art foundation course at University. I have committed to her that I will financially support her as she will need to live away from home.
My daughter's Mother is claiming that I am obliged to continue to pay maintenance until September. Is that correct please?
Robin
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
You would have done had you been paying via the CSA - but since you are not then your ex will struggle to enforce the Order - (i assume that you have paid for July as most school terms do not end until July)
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Thank you for your response.

My daughter left school last Friday 27th June at the term end. She was at a private girls school.

regards

Robin

In that case all is well!