13262538

i am representing my case for child contact order, on the second

i am representing my case for child contact order, on the second hearing i did not accept the s7 report now its listed for contested hearing

what is a contested hearing and what will happen is a contested hearing a final hearing.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
The Contested hearing is indeed the Final hearing.
The court will hear evidence from both sides and there will be cross examination
Both sides will then put their arguments forward and the Judge will make a decision based on the evidence he or she has heard
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

will the court allow me to change the date of that hearing

Why do you need to change the date?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

need more time to instruct a barrister or solicitor

When is the hearing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

25 July 2014

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how long the hearing is usually for

That gives you three weeks - how much extra time do you feel you will need?
What other Directions have been given
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

statement to court and proof of current immigration status in the uk

When does the statement have to be filed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Before the 25 July 1 week before
What efforts have you made to find a solicitor?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just got price quotation most of them are not available on the day due to short notice
Do you intend to use a Solicitor or a Public Access Barrister?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Public access barrister
And you cannot find one available for 25th July?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

How many have you spoken to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

4

I think you will need to try a few more on Monday before the Court will agree to an Adjournment
I think you shoudl have tried at least 6 Public Access Barristers - and be ready to give the Court their details.
You will need to contact your ex's solicitor first and ask them to agree to a further adjournment - if they agree then you can make a Consent Application - and no further details will need to be given.
If they do not agree then you will have to apply to the Court On Notice (use a Form C2 - the fee is £95) - and for that you will need the details
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years