13262538

My daughter was divorced last week and it was agreed that she

My daughter was divorced last week and it was agreed that she would pay the school and boarding fees and any extras. The judge told her to pursue child maintenance through the CMS. She has made an application. However, we know her husband will try not to pay anything, even though she is entitled to more than £600 per month. (Both children fully boarding) and that counting as her responsibility. Is there anyway her husband can legally get out of paying?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Provided your daughter makes the application for assessment then eventually he will have to pay.
he will probably argue that they spend as much time with him as with her because of the boarding school - but this is easily countered.
If he is self employed then your daughter may have to make an application for a re-assessment because they can fail to include dividends - and of course if he does not pay then there will have to be enforcement action, but eventually he will have to pay
Please ask if you need further details