Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My boyfriends ex wife is very controlling of the time or little

Customer Question

My boyfriends ex wife is very controlling of the time or little time she allows him to spend with his Down's syndrome son who is almost 9. Even giving her weeks or months notice she blocks his requests He is polite and never raises his voice to her in private or infront of their son. What can he do. Solicitors were initially involved in the set up of visitations until she found out from him that he received copies of her solicitors letters. Does he have to 'go legal' to gain more visitation times?
What contact has your brother had in the last six months
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its not my brother its my boyfriend, he is supposed to have his son every Sunday from 10am to 4-4.30pm however he is told almost every other weekend due to random reasons, some valid others not so important but she prevents the access. He manages to see his son on a friday evening for an hour to an hour and half, however his son is always ready for bed on friday nights even though he vists at 5.30pm so can't even take him for tea even when asking a couple of weeks in advance.

My apologies for the typographical error!
What kind or reasons are given - and has he asked for overnight contact at all?