13262538

My partner has been living with me for 10years . I have been

My partner has been living with me for 10years . I have been a widow for 40years and own my own property. I have had a relationship with John for 30years. I am 78 and he is 72. He still works as a mini cab driver: I have not worked since I was 70. If I died first how would he stand about housing: he could not afford to run my house?
What do you wish to do with the property?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Continue to live in my property as long as possible I have 2 sons with .
families who I would wish to benefit from my assets. My partner could not afford to live in this property alone. What housing options would be open to him?

Would you intend to leave your partner any money (this is very relevant I am afraid)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. I have always assisted him financially and have bought him a car which we have arranged a return payment over the next 4 years. This is a private plan not to be carried over as a debit to my estate. I will be looking at an update as to what money I will leave to him.

In the event that he has no home following your death your partner would be viewed as a priority housing need by the Local Authority because of his age
Accordingly they would have a duty to rehouse him - although this may not be in the area of his choice of course.
Alternatively if he secures a private rental he will be eligible for Housing benefit if his income is restricted.
However please also be aware that the length of your relationship in the vent of your death he will be able to make a claim against your estate if no provision is made for him
Please ask if you need further details