13262538

im a the farther of a 19month old girl ive seperated from her

Customer Question

im a the farther of a 19month old girl ive seperated from her mother and im asking to see my daughter. she lives with her mother ,father and sister .ive been going to the mothers houes to visit my daughter and all of the famliy are in the same room whilst im there visteting my daughter and not haveing any proper time with my daughter,ive ask if ican take y daughter away from the property for quolatiy time with my daughter but the anser is no themother of my dauthter has come out with me but im still restriced to where and when we can go out together.i would like to know where istand with thisas her parants are interfering with me been abale to see my daughter just to day iaranged with my ex to take out our daughter and her dad came as well ive not been thretening or abusive to any of them they are just makeing live so difficault for me ive sent text mesags to arange things to take out our daughter so i just dont know what to do to be able to be free to take my daughter out on my own so iwould be grateful if you could tell me where istand and how to go about been able to take my daughter out on my own every so often
Are you named on the birth certificate and how long is it since you separated from your ex?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes im on the birth certificate and its been about two months

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i am the birth certificate it been about two months

What excuse does your ex give for you not have the child with out her?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she says she dosent now me will enought becuse my daughter hasent seen me enought but thats not my fult ive tryed to see my daughter but she comes up with she is tired or she got to have a bath or she is going to a friends and so on

Did you ever live together?
How often have you seen the child in the last six months
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i some times stayed over at the parents house may be two to three nights a week the three of us always whent out as a famliy up until about three months and thats when we started to fall out .i wanted to rent a house to start our own indpendents but she said she didnt want to not yet.thats when it started to be dificalt to see my daughter

So your daughter knows you perfectly well!
The law says that a child is entitled to regular contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this of necessary.
The current contact would not be seen as adequate as it does not allow you to extend and develop your own relation with your daughter.
You should try and discuss matters with your ex using Family Mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk) but if that fails then you will need to apply to the court for a Child Arrangement order setting out the time your daughter should spend with you.
You can read more on these sites
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
http://www.familylaw.co.uk/system/uploads/attachments/0000/2078/CB1_1108.pdf
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details