13262538

My grandaughter does not see her dad, his name his on the birth

My grandaughter does not see her dad, his name his on the birth certficate though. He does not pay to the child and has caused alot of problems. My daughter has a letter stating from social services the only time to be concerned of the children if he comes back in the household due to domestic violence with their mum. Has my daughter got a right for the father not to see her.
How old is the child and what contact is he asking for
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The child is 4, my daughter wanted to go for supervised visits, due to my daughter being feared of him through his temper. He has never hurt the children but when see her he is very threatening, and said he will see her in court,and this upsets the children with his behaviour. When I see children my daughter has another daughter who the father sees on a regular basis. He said he would never be happy seeing her once a week, and wont be told when he can see her. He does not pay to her. My daughter just would like to know of the grounds that she could face, and if she dont ever let him see her of what consequences she could face from him, Thank you

Has he ever directly hurt the children?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Only through verbally, and seeing their Mum being grabbed, hurt, and thrown out the house why they are inside looking at their Mum in tears outside, which the police attended to the house twice through his behaviour.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just an enquiry if I will receive an answer today or tomorrow.

My apologies for the delay
I agree they have indeed suffered.
However provided contact can be arranged in a way that is safe for your daughter and grand daughter - such as at a Contact Centre - then Contact is likely to be ordered if the matter goes to court.
If her ex can improve his behaviour then it may one day move away from the Centre - but that assumes that he is willing to put effort into contact - which seems unlikely
Your daughter can read more here
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
She should also make an application to the CSA for child maintenance as soon as possible
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for the very good service which was received. Excellent response with this matter, and very clear of the options etc to take. Very worth while asking the experts online, and would definitely do this again if we need information of what steps, and rights to take or have. Thank you Clare

You are most welcome - I hope all goes well