13262538

Im in the process of divorce after a 31 year marriage. Although

I'm in the process of divorce after a 31 year marriage. Although he initiated the divorce, my husband has been dragging his feet about financial disclosure. My solicitor organised for me to see a mediator as he says this is the next step before making a court application. I discussed the mediation process at length with her. I can see how it might be a very useful step to avoid litigation.

However, I'd just had this email from my husband and he clearly is quite opposed to it.

" I talked to her [the mediator] on the 'phone and we decided that your behaviour needs to change before we can even consider approaching mediation in an amicable manner. I am concerned that you will use mediation as yet another route to abuse me."

So I'm going to instruct my solicitor to make a court application asap to get financial disclosure. Any other advice or insights you can offer me at this stage, would be most welcome before I talk to my solicitor tomorrow.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
The fist thing to say is that there is no question of the mediator having decided any such thing - although the email is of course evidence that in your case mediation has no chance of success.
Your way forward is simple - go ahead with the court route - and try to have no further communication with your ex at all
Please ask if you need further details