13262538

Hi there, I currently have a shared residence order with the

Customer Question

Hi there, I currently have a shared residence order with the father of my kids, he gets all child benefit, I live in a 1 bed flat and when the kids come and stay we all share a bed which to me is not ideal, now an opportunity has arisen for me to rent 2 rooms in a house share with a friend of mine who happens to be male, my ex is making threats that he's goiing to take my kids away and that he will not let my kids stay with me, please help me, I don't know what else to do
How old are the children and how is their time shared between you?
Does your friend have any kind of Criminal Record - or any other record that make shim a risk to children?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The children are 8 and 5, and my friend has no criminal record, I've spoken to dvit, womens aid too about this and they say that my ex is jealous and that hes using the kids as a weapon to make me uoset

He is indeed - I assume that there is a Court Order setting in place what time the children spend with each of you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes there is, the kids stay with me 3 weekends of every 4

When do the weekends start and finish?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The weekends start friday after school until monday 6pm

If there is a Court order then you can enforce it if your ex breaches it.
Since he has no excuse for stopping contact - indeed your new arrangements will be better for the children - the Court will restart contact - and you can even ask them to extend it
Please do not let your ex bully you