Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

how old dose a child have to be before they can have a say

Customer Question

how old dose a child have to be before they can have a say in how much contact they have with each parent
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

A child of age 12 or over has a say in the amount of contact they have with each parent.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much.That short answer has helped alot.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

should my childs father pay half of school uniform andschool trips as well as maintenance.He deducts board and lodge from the maintinance for every weekend she stays

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
No, he should be paying child maintenance and that will be calculated with reference to the number of nights he has contact. So he should not be deducting anything as that will already have been factored into the calculation.

He doesn't have to pay half of uniform and school trips although any decent father would do so.