13262538

The mother of my daughter refuses to put my name on birth certificate

The mother of my daughter refuses to put my name on birth certificate she lets me see her on certain days and has let her stay overnight,but every week she changes the rules she says i cannot see her anymore then states she does not want her and i can have her this i would be happy to do.Do i have any rights i want to see my daughter but am not able to carry on like this and am in danger of loosing my job because of the stress. I have always paid maintenance more than csa cost have thought of not paying and putting amount in an account so forcing her to take me to court and get it sorted out.
How old is the child?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The child is 17 months old

The law says that a child is entitled to regular contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.
It is better for the child (and the parents) if there is a set pattern of contact.
Your starting point is to try and discuss matters with your ex using Family Mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk) so that you can agree a Parenting Plan
More details here
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
At the same time you shoudl discuss acquiring Parental Responsibility for your daughter either via your name being added to the Birth Certificate or your ex signing a parental Responsibility agreement.
If the negotiations fail then you can apply to the Courts for a Child arrangement Order and for a parental Responsibility Order and this will be granted.
Continue to pay child maintenance in line with the calculations here
http://nacsa.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38:cs3-
Please ask if you need further details