Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I am divorced....i live in the joint owned property .i pay

Customer Question

I am divorced....i live in the joint owned property .i pay the mortgage , the mortgage is in both our names .in the divorce settlement it was deemed i receive 70% of the equity and my ex husband 30%.when we sell the property My ex was happy for me and my now 21 year in remain untill she moves out .however since our divorce many years ago he has run up debts,yesterday i recieved a letter from a company preparing to assist him in an individual voluntary arrangement telling me to seek legal advice, and that if i have queries about remortgage to contact a financial advisor i have no funds for either, my exhusband is re married and have there own property where do i stand.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
When does the Order say that the house should be sold?