Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I got divorced two years ago and in it the sole ownership of

Customer Question

I got divorced two years ago and in it the sole ownership of the fmh was given to me i took on some marital debts
One debt qas a 20k business loan feom hsbc
I liquidated the small ltd co but the loan was guaranteed against the house
Shortly after i was very ill and had to renegotiate repayment to hsbc and missed six payments
I reinstituted this and they accepted and i have continued to pay
I have just had a letter tho from land registry saying they have received an application from hsbc to put a charge on my house and give me til28 july to object
Does this mean they can force me to sell the house?
I have a mortgage of 199k and the hozse is worth 467k.
I also found my divorce lawyer did not do the necc conveyancing with the land registry to get it into my sole name! So what happens now?
I have a signed tr1 form.
I also arranged with my neighbour that we would buy a portion of my garden for nine k which was wasteland and have allowed him to start cultivating it
Does the charging order mean i cant sell this land now? And are hsbc allowed to have a charging order even though they have accepted repayments?
I am responsible financially only for myself
I have a 50k pa job and am now under huge stress having had a breakdown at end of marriage
Can you please advise what i need to do to resolve
Charge against house
My sole ownership with land registry and
Will it affect the sale of my land?
Thank you so much
Debbie
Will the company who holds the first mortgage release your ex from the mortgage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Clare

He has been released from the mortgage but my divorce lawyer did not send the TR1 to land rwgistry to get his name off the deeds

I am having her do that at the moment

The consent order was signed and he signed the TR1

It is taking such a long time to go through that land registry sent a separate letter to him hede about hsbc as they still had his name on the deeds