13262538

Hi Clare, Should I attend my mediation appointment even

Customer Question

Hi Clare,
Should I attend my mediation appointment even though my ex doesn't feel there is a need to use mediation?
Rajan
Yes it is always useful to show that you have tried everything
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have received a letter from school health after I asked the school to support my son emotionally. Both my ex-wife and I met the school nurse, then my son shared some information with the school nurse which was passed on to his mother. School health are saying they happy with reassurances given my mother so are closing the file. I don't know what my son said but my ex-wife was told and was allowed to comment. I'm unhappy but what can I do?

At this stage do nothing - step back and accept the reassurances of the school for now
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In their letter, they strongly urged me to go to mediation to have a more positive relationship with my ex-wife. They also mentioned that having different rules across households could make things harder but they hoped I would start managing better with time.

My issue is 1) I have already my ex wife for mediation as she said there was no need and 2) I have had less problems than my ex-wife looking after my son apart from a short phase March-May 2014 when he was unsettled due to my ex-wife talked to him about moving to Leeds and also told him off for telling me about her boyfriend. I'm happy the file is being closed with unfair conclusions/recommendations. Apparently my son said some things which they then further discussed with my ex, but not me. I would like to know what I can do to correct damning letter.

It is not a damning letter at all - it is a letter that says nothing relevant whatsoever
If you cannot bear to leave it then simply write and say that you agree that mediation would be good but sadly you cannot arrange it alone.
You could go on to say that you have no problems at home - and if they ever need to speak to you they should not hesitate to do so