Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

my husband and my self may a will many years ago put our house

my husband and my self may a will many years ago put our house in trust for our 2 children who are now 23 and 29 still living at home but we are now talking about getting a divorce and would like to no if we can sell the house or not please can you help
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
If you provided in your will that the house would go into trust for your children then that is not a lifetime trust and only has effect on death. The title to your house will still be in your names and you are free to sell it.
Had you conveyed the house into a lifetime trust then you would have difficulty in selling but I am presuming that is not the case.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.