UKfamsol
UKfamsol, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Very experienced specialist family law solicitor, qualifed in 1994
40487810

I am writing a statement for court on my friends behalf I have

I am writing a statement for court on my friends behalf I have download a template from the internet. I need some assistance on this
I, __________________, am proficient in _________________ and I can confirm that I have translated this document to the best of my ability and they have confirmed to me that the contents are accurate.
who's details I fill in with the gaps.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my friend cant speak or read English i will write and translate the statement for him for court

so i don't know how to fill in that paragraph

What type of case is this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

family

i will pass this onto our family specialist for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

family specialist haven't yet responded to the question.

Hello and thanks for your question.

If I've understood you correctly, you want to know how to fill in these gaps:-

Here's what you need to say:

I, (your full name) of (your address) am proficient in (the language that your friend speaks) (if there's a good reason add it here, for example - because it is my mother tongue, or, because I lived for x number of years in (name of country) or, because I have studied (name of language) to degree level and I can confirm that I have translated this document to (name of your friend) to the best of my ability and he or she has confirmed to me he or she has understood the contents, ( then if the statement is a statement by your friend, you can add) and that that the contents are accurate.

Signed:....(your signature).................................
Dated: .......(the date when you sign)................

I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks and best wishes...

UKfamsol, Family Solicitor
Experience: Very experienced specialist family law solicitor, qualifed in 1994