13262538

I have an adopted child who is going to receive a large payment

Customer Question

I have an adopted child who is going to receive a large payment from CICA. I will be a deputy of the court of Protection. Would it be morally right for me to invest his money in a house for the whole family to live in. I would put his name on the deeds and make a will to ensure that his affairs are taken care of. He has special needs and behavioural problems and as we currently rent and keep needing to move, this will give him the settled life that he needs to be happy. I have recent medicals that state he won't be able to work and he will not manage in sheltered accommodation. The reports have stated that he will need to stay in my care until I am not able to care for him. Would the court accept this as a good way to invest his money for his benefit?
How old is the child?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He is 14
It is in fact usual for a suitable home to be purchased if there are sufficient funds to do so.
It will have to be held on Trust for his benefit - but there shoudl be no problem in the decision you have made
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thankyou, you have allayed my worries.
You are most welcome - i hope all goes well