Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

I have been paying maintenance on two children of 20% of income.

I have been paying maintenance on two children of 20% of income. My oldest child is over 18 and going to Uni. The divorce states I will no longer pay for him. I will still be paying for my daughter, 14 years. The Gov. UK calculator shows I should pay 12% but other sites I should pay 15%. Which is right ??
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
15% is correct subject to adjustment for the number of nights that your daughter stays overnight with you which might explain why some sites say 15% but others say 12%. It might be that the other sites factor in the overnight stays which would reduce the standard one child 15% rule.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
The difference relates to the fact that there has been a Change in the Child Support Rates.
For one child is was 15% of NET income under the old rates - now it is 12% of GROSS income.
Details of the new rate here
http://nacsa.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38:cs3-calculations&catid=2:uncategorised&Itemid=535
I hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further details